Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TWIS #9

This week in science we learned about dissecting. First we learned a little bit about the animals by doing a background research on each organism. Then we chose which organism we were gonna dissect. My group  chose a mouse and a frog. My partner and i dissected the mouse. First we took pictures of the mouse then we had to make the cut a certain way, so we took our time with the scalpel. After we cut it open, we took some more pictures, looked at the organs and even took some out. We were told to draw out the dorsal,external and internal view of the organism.
I learned that some of the organisms were pregnant and some weren't. The organism me and my partner had was not but, it looked like an adult mouse. We had a hard time finding out the gender though. We guessed that is was a female but, we were wrong. It did not have any ovaries so we found out it was a male .

No comments:

Post a Comment